Thursday, October 30, 2008

El Moto Tipo

A while ago I was in Chihuahua on business. Interesting place. I have to say it's more fun to pronounce the word "Chihuahua" the way it is spelled rather than the way it is supposed to be pronounced. Try it.

I snapped this picture while we were driving around the city one day. There are a few things I like about it. The dude (el tipo) has his traveling repair kit hanging on the left handlebar. You can see that he has already worked some magic on the headlight with his favourite tool. Why not duct tape? Dunno. I suppose packing tape is cheaper. There were other parts of the bike that had been repaired in the same fashion. From the looks of the tank and helmet, I'd say he needs to repair things on an ongoing basis. I also like the backwards baseball cap under the helmet. He is sporting some clean khakis, so he must be on his way to work, but I like the fact that he has kept the cap and not compromised his coolness (la frescura?).

No comments: